Contact us today for a Free Consultation and Estimate!
MON–SAT: 11 AM – 9 PM
By Tattoo Appointment
Tattoo Aftercare Recommendations
I will start by telling you that the final healing result of your new ink is not only on my hands. You need to read the things explained on this page and GET IT DONE to get the best results. With this been said, here are my recommended tattoo aftercare for you.
THE PRODUCTS you use (SOAP, OINTMENT, etc.) are not so crucial as THE WAY YOU USE THEM.
That means that your tattoo will not heal well by these products’ magic because you use the best cream or soap out there. THE WAY you use these products is what really will help your piece heal properly. How GOOD IS CLEANED after you use the soap and HOW MUCH OINTMENT you APPLY? It is what will make the difference in your tattoo healing process!
Tattoo Aftercare Instructions
No matter how talented the tattoo artist is, your tattoo’s final appearance has a lot to do with your tattoo aftercare. There are so many different opinions and thoughts about how to care for a new ink. These are just what we have noticed to work best for our clients, but if you are an “advance veteran” when it comes to tattoos, we recommend you stick to what you know helps your body heal best, DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS!!!!
- Always wash your hands before touch your tattoo. Remember, is an open wound, and you need to treat it as such. That means always washing your hands before applying anything to it and making sure you don’t expose it to unnecessary dirt and grime.
- Leave the bandage on for 3 or 4 hours, or you can also leave it overnight.
- Remove the bandage after 3 or 4 hours or in the morning if you leave it overnight.
- Wash it with mild soap and water.
- Rince it with plenty of water to make sure all soap is gone.
- Dry it by using a paper towel and leave to dry a few minutes in the air.
- Apply a very skinny layer of ointment to it and massage it entirely into the skin 3 to 4 times a day for the first three days.
- Remove any excess ointment by dabbing off with the palm of your hand, cleaning your hand with a paper towel, and repeating until your skin doesn’t have any shiny or excess ointment.
- DO NOT re-bandage it after you leave the tattoo shop (if your veteran, you can do what you know works well for you)!
- DO NOT pick or scratch it.
- DO NOT soak it in water, use hot tubs, pools, sauna, or swim in the sea for two weeks.
- DO NOT get any direct sunlight on it for at least two weeks.
FAILING TO FOLLOW THESE TATTOO AFTERCARE DIRECTIONS CAN AFFECT YOUR HEALING TIME AND PREVENT THE TATTOO FROM LOOKING ITS BEST.
General Tattoo Aftercare for the First Couple of Weeks
The first week or two after you get your tattoo can change how amazing will look for the rest of your life. Make sure you don’t take any chances. Here are some tattoo aftercare tips you shouldn’t ignore:
The care during this time is relatively simple. A standard rule is if it hurts more than when you initially got it, STOP DOING WHAT YOU ARE DOING!” If it hurts, DON’T DO IT! You do not need to re-bandage it (here are techniques on caring for the new tattoo that involves wrapping it for the entire healing duration). But that’s for the more advanced clients than first-timers, mostly because if the instructions get not followed precisely, it can lead to bad results.
If you ignore all the recommendations above, don’t be upset when your tattoo has an infection. You brought it upon yourself! These instructions are not “idiot-proof,” but we feel that if you read and follow the instructions, you should have a relatively good heal! Remember, you paid a lot of money for your Tattoo. So proper tattoo aftercare will get you a good tattoo that you will be happy with for the rest of your life.
Thank you for taking the time to read the Tattoo Aftercare. If you have any questions or concerns, you can call us at 305-481-8042 or, feel free to contact us!